In my art practice I use visuals and words to spur stories. I am inspired by the possibility of different interpretations. Often I begin with the germ of an idea, work and rework it until it ceases to be a simplistic statement.
- Chador: Unveiling Myths, Riverdale Art Gallery, Toronto 2016
- Fall Emerging Artists Show, Gallery1313, Toronto 2017
- My lack of Art School training is compensated by years of self-study and practice.
- Primarily work with oils on wood.
- Frequently underpaint with charcoal, graphite, acrylic, inks and gesso.
- Stamping, stenciling and screen printing techniques are integrated into work process.
- MBA, Simon Fraser University, BC, 1994
- BE, University of Poona, India, 1990